• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Management Carlo Ancelotti

bluerinse

One thing he has improved is our away form.

I'd be interested to see how many away games we've had under him and how many we've won. I wouldn't be surprised if it was not far off 50% wins.

Such a figure would be dreamland in the regimes of every manager we've had (apart from 1 season under Martinez where we were boss away but had our worst ever home season).

I know some of his away games aren't 'proper' away games like they should be, with no fans, but I think it's worth a mention. So often in the past we've just shrivelled up ready to roll over away from home.

I think it points to an improvement in the mentality being instilled among the players.

Kim Jong-un

TEF Member
One thing he has improved is our away form.

I'd be interested to see how many away games we've had under him and how many we've won. I wouldn't be surprised if it was not far off 50% wins.

Such a figure would be dreamland in the regimes of every manager we've had (apart from 1 season under Martinez where we were boss away but had our worst ever home season).

I know some of his away games aren't 'proper' away games like they should be, with no fans, but I think it's worth a mention. So often in the past we've just shrivelled up ready to roll over away from home.

I think it points to an improvement in the mentality being instilled among the players.

We have played 11 and won 5 in the league.

Won at: Newcastle, Watford, Norwich, Sheffield United and Spurs.
Drew at: West Ham
Lost at: City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Wolves.

Much better than what we have come to expect in recent years.

bluerinse

We have played 11 and won 5 in the league.

Won at: Newcastle, Watford, Norwich, Sheffield United and Spurs.
Drew at: West Ham
Lost at: City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs and Wolves.

Much better than what we have come to expect in recent years.

With the exception of the Wolves and Chelsea games, I don't think we were shite in any of those. Obviously we want that shite figure to be down at 0, but 2 out of 11 no-shows is pretty good by Everton standards.

They're also not the easiest set of fixtures.

If we can continue to win just under 50% of our away matches and take care of business at home, we could be in the mix for dare I say top 4 come May.

Kim Jong-un

TEF Member
Comparisons:

Ancelotti: 5 wins from 11 (45.5%)
Silva: 6 wins from 27 (22.2%)
Allardyce: 3 wins from 12 (25%)
Koeman: 4 wins from 23 (17.4%)
Martinez: 18 wins from 57 (31.6%)

Already eclipsed Koeman in total and only 1 behind Silva. The man is class.

bluerinse

Comparisons:

Ancelotti: 5 wins from 11 (45.5%)
Silva: 6 wins from 27 (22.2%)
Allardyce: 3 wins from 12 (25%)
Koeman: 4 wins from 23 (17.4%)
Martinez: 18 wins from 57 (31.6%)

Already eclipsed Koeman in total and only 1 behind Silva. The man is class.

Woeful from Koeman. That team he had should have been doing far better than that.

Kim Jong-un

TEF Member
If we can continue to win just under 50% of our away matches and take care of business at home, we could be in the mix for dare I say top 4 come May.

The points averages from last season under Ancelotti would give us 32 at home and 25 away over a full season so 57 overall. Turn a few of the home draws into wins (Bournemouth on the last day was our only defeat but we drew 5 from 10) and a few of the away defeats into draws and we're laughing.

bluerinse

The points averages from last season under Ancelotti would give us 32 at home and 25 away over a full season so 57 overall. Turn a few of the home draws into wins (Bournemouth on the last day was our only defeat but we drew 5 from 10) and a few of the away defeats into draws and we're laughing.

You'd like to think the business we have done should see an improvement.

I've no doubt the players packed in for our last few games, played well below their levels too often. We lost at Spurs and then that was it, a result that popped our season like a needle to a baloon.

Axwell

TEF Member

Paulgreece

TEF Member
View: https://www.facebook.com/Everton/videos/792878888128363/

This is the best video of carlo. It has been mentioned before but that is a big warning to any future signings if its not yes straight away we move on. Ruthless I like it

The man is slowly changing the mindset here, he's showing everyone at the club how to do business, no fucking around.

You can see how he got these good deals, Carlo won't take any nonsense, full stop.

pablo_p

TEF Member
How do we reckon Hjojojojojojojohohohberg feels after hearing that and seeing us on Sunday?

Not gonna go in hard on him because it was only one game and I think we'd've controlled the game the way we did against everyone bar City and Liverpool, TBH.

But he was awful. He ummed and aahed, and signed for Spurs. Next thing you know we're signing the likes of Allan and James. And our backup for him makes a holy show of him in his own back yard.

Love Carlo, me.

Paulgreece

TEF Member
How do we reckon Hjojojojojojojohohohberg feels after hearing that and seeing us on Sunday?

Not gonna go in hard on him because it was only one game and I think we'd've controlled the game the way we did against everyone bar City and Liverpool, TBH.

But he was awful. He ummed and aahed, and signed for Spurs. Next thing you know we're signing the likes of Allan and James. And our backup for him makes a holy show of him in his own back yard.

Love Carlo, me

Doubt he's arsed, players who are adamant about moving to London's clubs will do it becuase it suits their family life, especially overseas lads. It's mainly travel, themselves and family can get flights home so easy down south, food and community's from wherever they're from will be easy to find in London.

I'd rather have lads who are still 'football hungry' and put working with Carlo above everything else. Imagine next Summer's window if we do well this season, doesn't have to be top four, just strong progress. Moshiri financially dopes us and we'll have players queuing up to be part of the revolution under Mr Ancelotti.

Potrik

TEF Member
I think it’s easy to see now how difficult it was for us to attract the kind of players that would push us forward under Silva, Koeman etc.

Not going overboard here but I would fully expect the level of signing to be a class above now we have Ancelotti at the helm. Signing two CL quality players after finishing 12th without European football is a huge deal.

Mike

Formerly Just Mike & Micky
I think it’s easy to see now how difficult it was for us to attract the kind of players that would push us forward under Silva, Koeman etc.

Not going overboard here but I would fully expect the level of signing to be a class above now we have Ancelotti at the helm. Signing two CL quality players after finishing 12th without European football is a huge deal.

Hopefully Carlo can also attract the younger players here who are about to hit the peak of their game, they should listen to the elite players of the game who have given Carlo a glowing reference on a personal level.

pablo_p

TEF Member
Doubt he's arsed, players who are adamant about moving to London's clubs will do it becuase it suits their family life, especially overseas lads. It's mainly travel, themselves and family can get flights home so easy down south, food and community's from wherever they're from will be easy to find in London.

I'd rather have lads who are still 'football hungry' and put working with Carlo above everything else. Imagine next Summer's window if we do well this season, doesn't have to be top four, just strong progress. Moshiri financially dopes us and we'll have players queuing up to be part of the revolution under Mr Ancelotti.

Hopefully that win has sent out a message to a lot of players as well.

We've struggled there for beards and a new look side with James in being managed by Ancelotti and being funded by a Billionaire has just gone and broke our duck there by absolutely dominating with minimal fuss.

Any footballer with aspirations and a hunger in their belly should be looking at us with interest.

Axwell

TEF Member
Hope we put Salford to the sword tomorrow and go for the League Cup and FA Cup this season, this is the one record which follows us round everywhere we go. We need a piece of silverware to get that winning mentality installed in the squad, which I have not witnessed myself since I started going the game in 2000.

Midnight_Blue

TEF Member
Love it... You wanna play for me.... noh.... fucka off.

Also the way Marcel van Gogh fleeced Real and Napoli for players who improve our starting eleven. Thing of beauty.

Definitely sends a message to other clubs and players.... We ask once... we move on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)