• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Carabao Cup - Lincoln (A) Wed 28th August 7.45pm (Sky Sports)

Floody

TEF Member
I was going to say we need to go full strength for this game but if tonights team is "full strength" then fuck that.
Iwobi Davies and Kean all need to start

bluerinse

Pickford
Sidibe Keane Mina Baines
Gomes Delph* Davies
Walcott Kean Iwobi

*Schneiderlin if not fit

The main thing here is to play the 433 and also not take too many liberties with the starting 11.

MLWEFC

Brexit slag
I would start this, assuming they're available

Pickford
Sidibe Holgate Gibson Baines
Davies Delph Iwobi
Walcott Tosun Kean

No point in risking Keane or Mina against a league 1 side, we need to keep them fit for the leauge. Plus, we might actually learn something playing Holgate and Gibson.

MLWEFC

Brexit slag
My concern with the rotating both centre halves is Lincoln are excellent at set plays.
If Holgate and Gibson can't cope with league 1 strikers for 90 minutes, at least we'll know we need to do more business in January (as in sign 2 centre backs, not 1)

It would be madness to risk playing Mina and Keane 3 times in the space of a week or so when there's not adequate reserves. Play them in the cup or maybe even rotate a bit against Wolves in the league? I don't know. I'd like us to do well in the cups but when you haven't got a good squad and the likes of Man City have a bench that cost more than your entire team, we probably have to focus on the league. It's disheartening.

bluerinse

If Holgate and Gibson can't cope with league 1 strikers for 90 minutes, at least we'll know we need to do more business in January (as in sign 2 centre backs, not 1)

It would be madness to risk playing Mina and Keane 3 times in the space of a week or so when there's not adequate reserves. Play them in the cup or maybe even rotate a bit against Wolves in the league? I don't know. I'd like us to do well in the cups but when you haven't got a good squad and the likes of Man City have a bench that cost more than your entire team, we probably have to focus on the league. It's disheartening.
I'm for going strong in the cups.

I see your point but you better believe all hell will break loose among Everton social media if he picks a weakened side and we lose! Same every year

It's also the sort of thing that can start the ball rolling for a sacking if the league form goes to shit too.

Floody

TEF Member
I'm for going strong in the cups.

I see your point but you better believe all hell will break loose among Everton social media if he picks a weakened side and we lose!

It's the sort of thing that can start the ball rolling for a sacking if the league form goes to shit too.

It's the same every year.
We played our strongest team against Championship relegation strugglers Milwall last season and still managed to fucking lose.
Let's just all face up to the fact that Everton FC are not very good at football and change our motto to
"Mediocris sumus nimis"

bluerinse

We played our strongest team against Championship relegation strugglers Milwall last season and still managed to fucking lose.
Let's just all face up to the fact that Everton FC are not very good at football and change our motto to
"Mediocris sumus nimis"
Unfortunately for us that came at a time of real slump in form and we were also robbed by a shocking refereeing decision.

The round before we did beat this team, so I'd like to think we could do so again but as you know, this is Everton...

mr_pib

TEF Member
Silva’s on a hiding to nothing here. If he plays Mina & Keane, and one of them gets crocked then he’ll be hammered for playing them. If he plays Holgate and/or Gibson in their place and we lose, he’ll get hammered again.

Paulgreece

Mr. Denial
Silva’s on a hiding to nothing here. If he plays Mina & Keane, and one of them gets crocked then he’ll be hammered for playing them. If he plays Holgate and/or Gibson in their place and we lose, he’ll get hammered again.
I'd lay the blame firmly at Brands feet if we lose a CB to injury, never in a million years buying that he searched the entire globe for another CB and came up with fuck all.

MLWEFC

Brexit slag
We're all worried about beating Lincoln, what have we become?
I'm not worried at all, Paul. I've just been the shop and bought an orange lucozade to help my hangover and there's a McDonalds en route.

I'd lay the blame firmly at Brands feet if we lose a CB to injury, never in a million years buying that he searched the entire globe for another CB and came up with fuck all.
It's a disgrace we didn't at least loan someone but I'm absolutely certain he looked for other centre backs but I suppose it comes down to whether the right centre backs were available and at what cost?

The Harry Maguire stuff absolutely fucked the market. Dunk for £50m, Ake for £75m. Absolute madness to the point Leicester City didn't even replace him.

It would've been madness to overspend massively on a centre back we didn't really want and get stuck with for 4 years. That's how you end up with players like Tosun and Walcott. And you would be the first one to complain if we signed someone who is shite, and rightly so.

If they get Zouma and Zaha in the next 2 windows, then I agree with their approach and whilst I am worried about having only 3 senier centre backs it's a recruitment plan that I fully agree with. Sign nobody in January and next Summer then yes, it's complete mismanagement.

pablo_p

TEF Member
Pickford
Coleman - Keane - Mina - Baines
Davies - - - Schneiderlin
Walcott - - - Sigurdsson - - - Iwobi
Tosun
Should be enough to see off Lincoln. Get Coleman and Sigurdsson off when it's won. And one of the CBs if it's a cakewalk.

dixies60

TEF Member
Pickford
Coleman - Keane - Mina - Baines
Davies - - - Schneiderlin
Walcott - - - Sigurdsson - - - Iwobi
Tosun
Should be enough to see off Lincoln. Get Coleman and Sigurdsson off when it's won. And one of the CBs if it's a cakewalk.
Take sigurdsson off and leave him off has been awful doesn't deserve to start any game imo replace sigurdsson with Bernard

Cal

Victor Meldrew
Has to be a fairly full strength team and somewhere where we can find confidence.

Pickford
Sidibe Keane Holgate Baines
Davies Gomes
Walcott Sigurdsson Iwobi
Kean

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)