• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Carabao Cup - Lincoln (A) Wed 28th August 7.45pm (Sky Sports)

Anthony

TEF Member
Could have been worse but could have been much better.

Personally, I think go full strength and put the game to bed as early as possible, and take key players off after an hour.

Could have a real crack at this (draw dependent) and we aren't in Europe so fixture build up shouldn't be a problem.

I'd prefer to finish 10th and win this than finish 6th and win fuck all.

pablo

TEF Member
Drove to Lincolnshire two weeks ago (from Southport), usual shite around the Manchester ring road - but fine most of the way, except for usual 50mph zones.

Getting a train across there is pretty shitty though must admit
Nearly 4 hours for me getting back the other week, but that was around rush hour.

Rich

Global Moderator
Maybe I should've said threadbare in certain areas. Can't see us risking Keane and Mina in this one, nor Delph and Schneiderlin if Gomes is out for a while.

Hopefully we have a bit of luck with the draw. Probably see something like

Lossl
Sidibe Holgate Gibson Baines
Davies Gbamin Iwobi
Walcott Tosun Niasse​
No chance will he start Holgate and Gibson.

MLWEFC

Brexit slag
No chance will he start Holgate and Gibson.
Why not? The way I see it, if Keane and Mina get injured for any length of time, the fellas going to end up losing his job before January through no fault of his own.

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker - Love Islander
Anything but full strength and he only has himself to blame. Do you want to be remembered as the first manager to win a cup in 25 years or finishing 7th?
No fucking around here.

bluerinse

We'll have to see what the squad is looking like in 2 weeks time, but I think Lincoln away is the type of game where you can't take liberties.

They're a decent outfit who are used to winning and having played us last season, they know how we operate. The Cowley brothers are known as being excellent in their preparations, so having a second crack at us, at their place will not be easy.

They're also always up there for the most goals scored from set plays in the football league, so fucking about with CBs probably not reccomended.

pablo_p

TEF Member
Pickford
Coleman - Keane - Mina - Digne
Davies - Gbamin
Walcott - - - Bernard - - - Iwobi
Tosun​

Kean for Tosun and then get the CBs off if we're in control.

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
Last year against rotherham we put out the side on the left. I guessed the equivalent this year on the right:

Stek - Lossl
Kenny - Sidibe
Digne - Baines
Holgate - Holgate
Zouma - Keane
Davis - Davis
Dowell - Schneiderlin
Sandro - Walcott
Sigurdsson - Sigurdsson
DCL - DCL (More likely Iwobi or bernard whichever is not starting in premier league by then.
Niasse - Tosun

McLovin

Super Love Islander that holds the place together
37 miles door to door. Happy days. Still a shit journey. Fuck these fen roads

Mug

TEF Member
Lossl

Sidibe. Holgate. Keane. Baines

Walcott. Davies. Delph. Iwobi.

Sigurdsson. Kean.

Reckon something like that won’t be far off if they’re all fit and available, and anyone saying that’s not strong enough to beat a league one side might as well pack up for the season now as it’ll save them a whole 9 months of angst.

Rich

Global Moderator
Why not? The way I see it, if Keane and Mina get injured for any length of time, the fellas going to end up losing his job before January through no fault of his own.
Because Holgate isn't yet a solid bet at CB and hasn't played CB in a year and a half. Gibson is 19 and has never played at the top level. It'd be utter lunacy.

MLWEFC

Brexit slag
Because Holgate isn't yet a solid bet at CB and hasn't played CB in a year and a half. Gibson is 19 and has never played at the top level. It'd be utter lunacy.
The utter lunacy was going into the season with 2 centre backs.

pablo

TEF Member
The utter lunacy was going into the season with 2 centre backs.
Spot on. We lost a loan, loaned a CB and released one. People can comment on the quality of those but we are left with teenagers with no experience.

MLWEFC

Brexit slag
Spot on. We lost a loan, loaned a CB and released one. People can comment on the quality of those but we are left with teenagers with no experience.
It's not that I want us to start a weakened side in any cups btw but as a manager you're left in a position where you've got to lessen the risk of losing them by injury. If he starts Mina and Keane and one of them gets injured, people will lose their shit.

Silva has been put in a terrible situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)