• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Carabao Cup - Lincoln (A) Wed 28th August 7.45pm (Sky Sports)

bluerinse

The draw is tonight, scheduld for around 930-10pm after Salford v Leeds.

It's split into North and South. Everton are ball 3 in the Northern draw.

I'll take anybody league 1 or 2 at home.

Matches take place in a fortnight.

Last edited:

MLWEFC

Love Island apostate
Given our squad is threadbare, the manager will not be paying much attention to this I don’t think.

bluerinse

Given our squad is threadbare, the manager will not be paying much attention to this I don’t think.
We'll cross the bridge of the starting eleven when we come to it but is the squad not now larger than it was last season?

Schneiderlin and Delph will likely be back, the only area that's threadbare is at CB.

MLWEFC

Love Island apostate
We'll cross the bridge of the starting eleven when we come to it but is the squad not now larger than it was last season?

Schneiderlin and Delph will likely be back, the only area that's threadbare is at CB.
Maybe I should've said threadbare in certain areas. Can't see us risking Keane and Mina in this one, nor Delph and Schneiderlin if Gomes is out for a while.

Hopefully we have a bit of luck with the draw. Probably see something like

Lossl
Sidibe Holgate Gibson Baines
Davies Gbamin Iwobi
Walcott Tosun Niasse​

bluerinse

Maybe I should've said threadbare in certain areas. Can't see us risking Keane and Mina in this one, nor Delph and Schneiderlin if Gomes is out for a while.

Hopefully we have a bit of luck with the draw. Probably see something like

Lossl
Sidibe Holgate Gibson Baines
Davies Gbamin Iwobi
Walcott Tosun Niasse​
We'll have to see who's still at the club when the game comes around.

For instance, I'd have Mirallas before Niasse every time.

MLWEFC

Love Island apostate
We'll have to see who's still at the club when the game comes around.

For instance, I'd have Mirallas before Niasse every time.
If they're still here yeh him and Bolasie will probably be in the side.

I'd never have Mirallas in the side again personally, doesn't deserve another chance.

pablo_p

TEF Member
Someone shite who we can play the B team against and win comfortably.

Honestly, we should try and get this fucking thing won and get a bit of silverware.

One thing I'll never forgive Moyes for is not taking this seriously when none of the big boys gave a flying fuck about it.

Given Pep's domestic treble and likely hopes for the Quadruple, I can see a bit more emphasis being placed on this now.

markymark

TEF Member
Someone shite who we can play the B team against and win comfortably.

Honestly, we should try and get this fucking thing won and get a bit of silverware.

One thing I'll never forgive Moyes for is not taking this seriously when none of the big boys gave a flying fuck about it.

Given Pep's domestic treble and likely hopes for the Quadruple, I can see a bit more emphasis being placed on this now.
He could have taken it more seriously but to be fair we did make the semis under him and should have won it that year, if it wasn’t for Joleon Lescott getting out jumped by a 4ft 5 Shaun Wright-Phillips

Mug

TEF Member
Play full strength side. It’s 1 game ffs. We. never take this competition seriously and it’s the easiest one to win.
Only 4 teams besides the usual suspects have won it in the last 20 years, not a great deal different to the fa cup over the same time.

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
oh good its that time of year where we are in a cup that we could win if we took it seriously but instead we play weakened teams and get knocked out.. cant wait.

maccarob

TEF Member
I don't think we will be playing weakened teams in either cup, pretty sure Silva has already stated that we need good cup runs this year.

Still don't hold out much hope even if we go full strength, its a cup that never gives anything other than disappointment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)