• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Match Thread Burnley v Everton Sat 5/12/20 k.o 12:30

Floody

TEF Member
A must win game obviously with our tough run of games in December
Another early kick off on Saturday.
I'm a Celebrity finishes on Friday night so Jordan North's first sight of his Happy Place will need to be made as miserable as possible.

No excuses blues Burnley ARE shite.

bennett

TEF Member
I'm pressing the must win button here
We should win, Burnley are pure bum. However I fear if we concede first our heads will drop.

Hopefully we'll return to a back 4 and I'm wondering if Mina will be brought back in to help counter the big, slow grocks Burnley have up front.

Kyoto

TEF Member
If Ancelotti doesn't win this the pressure will be on him and rightfully so, A draw isn't even acceptable, 1 win in 5 is already a disgrace.

505blue

TEF Member
If it's 4 at the back I hope we see Holgate slot in at right back until Coleman returns. He's our only fit player I trust to do a job defensively over there. I don't hate the 343 provided Iwobi is on the right.

Mike

Formerly Just Mike & Micky
Olsen
Holgate Keane Mina Nkounkou
James Doucoure Allan Gomes/Godfrey Richarlison
DCL
I'd be happy with either of that. It's fucking Burnley, we simply should win.

RoyalBlueBoy

Probably a Love Islander
Pickford
Coleman/Godfrey Keane Holgate Nkounkou
Gomes
Allen James
Iwobi Richarlison
DCL

I think Gomes would be better just sitting in front of the back 4 and dictating the game. Nobody plays with number 10s anymore so the holding player gets plenty of space. Allen isn't disciplined enough in there and James needs a free role so we can get him the ball as much as possible

T1878

Love Islander
I hope to see Olsen too, but can't see it. Nkounkou simply has to start if he's fit.

pablo_p

TEF Member
Assuming he sticks to a back 3::

Pickford
Godfrey - Keane - Holgate
Iwobi - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Nkoukou
Doucoure - - - Allan
James
DCL - Richarlison​

Would much sooner 4-3-3, like. If Coleman's fit I think he'll do that and drop Godfrey, though, TBF.

Mike

If we play a back 3 against Burnley then we may as well all pack up or just start supporting the women instead.

Mike

Agree, but do you really see him dropping it?
I do fear he'll play Delph at LWB and put Iwobi back to RWB. Hopefully not though. It is an AIDS formation if you don't have the right personnel.

Burnley have scored 4 goals in 9 games. Four ffs. There's no need for us to play 3 centre backs. God there's a case for starting Iwobi at right back in a 4 against this lot.

Just play to our strengths ffs.

Mike

Remember under Silva we randomly played it on boxing Day and dicked them
I wouldn't be dead set against us playing 3-4-3 with everyone fit but not the garbage currently getting picked by the manager.

Getting another early goal like we did at Fulham would help but I don't want to see us pinned in our own half again for 45 with DCL completely isolated, it's depressing.

toffee_boy_andy

Love Islander
A back 3 is fine, they just need to bear in mind it's Burnley and we want to be on the front-foot so push up much higher than the last game.

15 - 0 Burnley

bluerinse

That's it.

We can't take the Newcastle approach..they want that. They want us dragged to their level.

City showed us what to do last week.

pablo_p

TEF Member
I do fear he'll play Delph at LWB and put Iwobi back to RWB. Hopefully not though. It is an AIDS formation if you don't have the right personnel.

Burnley have scored 4 goals in 9 games. Four ffs. There's no need for us to play 3 centre backs. God there's a case for starting Iwobi at right back in a 4 against this lot.

Just play to our strengths ffs.

Spot on.

I'd love to see:

Pickford
Coleman - Mina - Keane - Nkoukou
Doucoure - Allan - Gomes
James - - - DCL - - - Richarlison
Even Kenny or Iwobi at RB should be enough to snot these.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)