• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Bramley-Moore Dock Stadium

Romeo Sensini

TEF Member
I'd love us to fuck UNESCO off. If the Port of Liverpool for example building burned down, god forbid, they'd want it kept as it is, rather than restored. Same as they want docks which have laid unused for 40 years to stay that way for the rest of time rather than be redeveloped and put to use. The reality is we have one of the most photographed waterfronts in the world. If we fucked them and their arbitrary World Heritage Status that wouldn't change. Fucking pen pushing dickheads.

thebluenose

TEF Member
Strange how they weren't so principled and vehement in their objections when Liverpool one was built over the world's first dry dock or the Arena and exhibition centre right in the middle of the world heritage site.

Sure they're true believers and into protest against the bad old world, people's livelihoods and ambitions are secondary to their one eyed mentality
Dont forget that massive monstrous eyesore on Mann Island. Which detracts from both the Albert Dock and the 3 Graces

Nothing for shite like that. But will bawl the house down for BMD.

Cunts and kopites the lot of em

Durruti

All hail the CDPA Panel!
Obviously the new ground looks fantastic and we need to go but it's going to shatter my heart when we leave Goodison. Been thinking about it all week and I can't cope with it, especially as we're running out of time to enjoy some last memories before we go. Just been in tears watching this even though its old as fuck and most clips are about 9 pixels

View: https://youtu.be/6NyVUpmnU4M

Mr Kirk

Branflakes cunt
Getting it finished in 2 beards? Not sure about that.

bluerinse

You'd think with the desperate state of things following the pandemic and brexit, there's not a chance that a Tory government turn away a project worth this much.

thebluenose

TEF Member
Tory slags, no wanting to rubber stamp something for easy good publicity

It was expected. But still frustrating as we all want work to start asap

bluerinse

Says thay the Council and Club expected this and that it's in accordance with the laws surrounding it.

I'm like you, though. Thought we'd be doing the Vince McMahon walk today.

I just don't understand what about the whole thing needs extra consideration. There's not a single negative, in my eyes.

Although I know zero about how these things work, so I'm probably just talking with my heart and looking through the blue tinteds.

Mick Blue

Pervert & possible Love Islander
It’ll be to build a bit of a media frenzy, get people questioning whether it’s going to happen and then the Tories approve it - “look what we’ve done here, a massive regeneration project in the north”

Last edited:

andrew street

CDPA Panelist
It’ll be to build a bit of a media frenzy, get people questioning whether it’s going to happen and then the Tories approve it - “look what we’ve done here, a massive regeneration project in the north”
It will be done on a day when there is bad news ( like Vauxhall closing) to be buried.

pablo_p

TEF Member
I just don't understand what about the whole thing needs extra consideration. There's not a single negative, in my eyes.

Although I know zero about how these things work, so I'm probably just talking with my heart and looking through the blue tinteds.

Yeah I know sod all about this stuff too, mate. But I know that there's a fuck ton of red tape to cut through in our place if I want to oder a £30 bit of kit, so I can only imagine the bureaucracy involved in something like this to be astronomical.

All I know is the likes of Laing etc. have started sourcing stuff and they've build dummy fascias to test the brickwork pattern so I can only see this being pushed ahead. I'll be shocked and devastated if it doesn't get past Govt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)