• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Bramley-Moore Dock Stadium

Kim Jong-un

TEF Member
What are RAWK saying about this development?

Still holding on to hope that we have no way to fund the project. But even if we do, it'll be shit anyway because history is the most important thing in the world.

bluerinse

Still holding on to hope that we have no way to fund the project. But even if we do, it'll be shit anyway because history is the most important thing in the world.

Presumably doing their go-to using trick of acting not arsed when they're actually really arsed?

Floody

TEF Member
To be fair, some of them said it's a joke that Heritage England's interference means it needs to be referred to Government.

They want it to be referred with a note that makes it clear HE are a bunch of nonces, and their views should be given no credence.
There were probably people moaning in Australia when the Sydney Opera House plans were submitted and now it is the symbol of Sydney waterfront.

mr.flibble

TEF Member
FC Sexy are going to have the best looking stadium in the country.

Brilliant news for the club and the city, sad to leave the old lady but this will secure a much bigger and brighter future for the club.

andrew street

CDPA Panelist
Right, let's get this sorted and actually break ground, so we know how much longer we have at Goodison.
My first grandson is due end of may, and I have to coordinate at least one trip to the ground with me coming from Cyprus, and meeting up with my 3 sons (and new gs) from South Wales . We need to pay homage to my dad's old house in Andrew Street, then meet up with my niece and her first child born 2 weeks ago, her stepdad and uncle at the taxi club before saying goodbye to the old lady. With my family and their chaotic lives that will take at least 3 years.

Alan Partridge

TEF Member
Right, let's get this sorted and actually break ground, so we know how much longer we have at Goodison.
My first grandson is due end of may, and I have to coordinate at least one trip to the ground with me coming from Cyprus, and meeting up with my 3 sons (and new gs) from South Wales . We need to pay homage to my dad's old house in Andrew Street, then meet up with my niece and her first child born 2 weeks ago, her stepdad and uncle at the taxi club before saying goodbye to the old lady. With my family and their chaotic lives that will take at least 3 years.
Ooh, look at me with my extended family who all seem get on, and a hectic social life to fit them around.

Pathetic.

frank rizzo

TEF Member
That sounds like a fucking nightmare just stay home

pablo

TEF Member
Great to see those politicised zealots in UNESCO defeated.
Everything doesn't have to meet their ridiculous requirements to be something positive and good for the area. The benefits far outweigh any cultural or historical grievances with the club already having bent over backwards to accommodate their main objections.

They're extremists and their view of the world a narrow unbending one that takes no account of any other considerations.
UNESCO pretty much have an issue with the entire Liverpool waters plan. It's transformational for the city and whilst our stadium is a catalyst, it's only a small part. It really is the extreme opposite of a benefit to the city.

jimbo

TEF Member
UNESCO pretty much have an issue with the entire Liverpool waters plan. It's transformational for the city and whilst our stadium is a catalyst, it's only a small part. It really is the extreme opposite of a benefit to the city.

They're like a lot of posters on here.

Say everything is shit and wrong.

If it goes badly they can boast how right they were and how hard they fought it.

If it goes well, they don't mention the topic again.

liquidfootball2

TEF Member
Strange how they weren't so principled and vehement in their objections when Liverpool one was built over the world's first dry dock or the Arena and exhibition centre right in the middle of the world heritage site.

Sure they're true believers and into protest against the bad old world, people's livelihoods and ambitions are secondary to their one eyed mentality

pablo

TEF Member
Strange how they weren't so principled and vehement in their objections when Liverpool one was built over the world's first dry dock or the Arena and exhibition centre right in the middle of the world heritage site.

Sure they're true believers and into protest against the bad old world, people's livelihoods and ambitions are secondary to their one eyed mentality
It's not really the right status for the city anyway. Large parts of land is disused other than by criminals and there are issues with poverty. Who wants to freeze this in time?
That doesn't mean you should build any old shite, that is a different challenge with peel already granted planning permission in principal for the entire scheme which is I think unheard of.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)