• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Bramley-Moore Dock Stadium

Now, I don't profess to being an expert. I'm not massively good with politics outside or inside football.

BUT if Goodison can't be revamped, the FQ isn't a goer and a Groundshare isnt a route to go down, where would people like to see a new stadium built?

Bluebru

Resident queer.
wasnt there talk of the bestway loop site?
there would be ace
i dont know about politics in football and how viable it is and stuff but would be an excellent location imo.

McLovin

Super Love Islander that holds the place together
the best way loop looks tiny though when we go past that on the bus.

Bluebru

Resident queer.
doesnt look that small like.
reckon you could fit goodison in there, only problem is you couldnt fit fuck all else there apart from a ground, and us being majorly skint wed need some other kind of money making scheme incorporated aswell.
didnt some architect everton fans draw up plans showing that you could fit a decent sized ground in there when the kirkby vote was going through?

also out of curiosity, where about do you come from on the bus?

Kavanini 1878

TEF Member
McLovin said:
kings dock
Still gutted about that, how good would the waterfront look with Evertons staduim! Postcards and Pictures from the ferry around the world with our name on them! *grrrrrrrrr*

McLovin

Super Love Islander that holds the place together
bluebru said:
also out of curiosity, where about do you come from on the bus?
just the town. (bus station across road from lime st station) i assume thats the site we go passed. i may be making a tit out of myself. get a different one though depending on which one comes first. thinks its the 19/20/21.

or it may be on way back when we get the soccer bus thing that runs from county road direct to station.

i think this is the one we pass

DwightSchrute

TEF Member
LITTLE JOE said:
bill and the boys wont earn any money out of doing GOODISON UP.....it can be done and id love it to be done, but selfish arse needs a few quid in his arse pocket.
*potrik* *jazz* *jazz* *jazz* *jazz*

Drake

TEF Member
The bestway loop would be brilliant, foundations are deep enough to have an underground car park but I don't think other transport links are efficient.
Imagine coming out the Wallasey Tunnel and seing our stadium all lit up in blue, would be a great sight.

I read the Tate and Lyle factory (?) in Aintree was an alternative, don't know much about it though.

T

ToffeeBlue

Bestway was too small and always was. Said in the 1st paragraph in the infamous report they get banging on about 'Further land would need to be bought' No wonder they kept it hidden for months

Meregreen

TEF Member
Not even worth talking about anything new stadium/site`s related anymore whilst this board is around , They have proved time and again they cannot deliver on anything beyond some gravel and tents .... Unless the council can come up with some freebie venture

Meregreen said:
Not even worth talking about anything new stadium/site`s related anymore whilst this board is around , They have proved time and again they cannot deliver on anything beyond some gravel and tents .... Unless the council can come up with some freebie venture
so sad, but true

B

bourneblue

Any notion that Goodison can be redeveloped is a fallacy.It would take hundreds of cpo's issued on both residential and retail premises.
All any resident or property owner would have to do is contest the cpo,thus ensuring lengthy legal delays.
When the shite wanted to develop the old Kemlyn rd stand it took them 30 years plus to acquire the properties to enable the redevelopment.
The costs involved would be enormous and take decades to achieve.
Non starter.

bourneblue said:
Any notion that Goodison can be redeveloped is a fallacy.It would take hundreds of cpo's issued on both residential and retail premises.
All any resident or property owner would have to do is contest the cpo,thus ensuring lengthy legal delays.
When the shite wanted to develop the old Kemlyn rd stand it took them 30 years plus to acquire the properties to enable the redevelopment.
The costs involved would be enormous and take decades to achieve.
Non starter.
trevor skempton thinks your wrong.

B

bourneblue

Aye Joe, but he can't rewrite history.
" A second tier was added to the Kemlyn Road stand in 1992, turning it into a double-decker layout. It included executive boxes and function suites as well as 11,000 seating spaces. Plans to expand the stand had been made earlier, with the club buying up houses on Kemlyn Road during the 1970s and 1980s, but had to be put on hold until 1990 because two sisters, Joan and Nora Mason, refused to sell their house. When the club reached an agreement with the sisters in 1990, the expansion plans were put into action"
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 639&type=3

Aye Joe, but he can't rewrite history.
" A second tier was added to the Kemlyn Road stand in 1992, turning it into a double-decker layout. It included executive boxes and function suites as well as 11,000 seating spaces. Plans to expand the stand had been made earlier, with the club buying up houses on Kemlyn Road during the 1970s and 1980s, but had to be put on hold until 1990 because two sisters, Joan and Nora Mason, refused to sell their house. When the club reached an agreement with the sisters in 1990, the expansion plans were put into action"
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 639&type=3
sorry mate, im talking about what skempton said at the kirkby inquiry, and hes very very good at his job.

All seems to have gone quiet with regards to the stadium. What's the latest? Has there been any up date at all?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)