• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Sport Boxing Thread

liquidfootball2

TEF Member
Easy opponent but how well did he get the job done, clinical.

Fury is now the number one rated heavyweight around, he's furthered his reputation as the world's finest heavyweight by showing a destructive edge he has rarely previously produced

Since the Wilder fight the US has gone wild for the gypsy king, they cant get enough of him, and to justify that significant interest while draped in their flag's colours will have gone down well there, and that matters for getting the best deals and coverage.

He's just the number one attraction at this moment, and rightly rated number one after the Wilder fight, which he took on when in nowhere near perfect condition physically -with huge recent weight loss.

Last edited:

Xbob

TEF Member
I love how adaptable fury is. He fights the fight that is required for whoever he is fighting. For all his flaws I like him too. He's charismatic and what you see is what you get with him i think. I do love a good redemption story as well. He could easily clean up the division from here.

Xbob

TEF Member
He's an utter bellend. But a very good boxer.

It would be funny if Wilder beats him and then beats Joshua, too.
He is a bellend but a lovable bellend, and between the clowning around, he does talk sense about boxing.

Wilder could beat him, that right hand could take anybody out. I think wilder would beat Joshua. However poor his boxing skills are he's a world class finisher and Joshua's defence is an obvious weak point.

pablo

TEF Member
I love how adaptable fury is. He fights the fight that is required for whoever he is fighting. For all his flaws I like him too. He's charismatic and what you see is what you get with him i think. I do love a good redemption story as well. He could easily clean up the division from here.
He's part of the reason why I think Usyk will clean up. The best boxer by far.

liquidfootball2

TEF Member
i think ruiz beats joshua again then usyk will beat ruiz. we could be heading to a number of different champions again rather than a unified title.
Exactly this for me too, Ruiz has fast hands and a punch so has some chance against Usyk, but Usyk, like Joshua has a punch, but unlike Joshua he also has the boxing ability to not get stung himself.

Ruiz beats Joshua

Usyk beats Ruiz

Fury beats Wilder

Fury vs Usyk for everything

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
Exactly this for me too, Ruiz has fast hands and a punch so has some chance against Usyk, but Usyk, like Joshua has a punch, but unlike Joshua he also has the boxing ability to not get stung himself.

Ruiz beats Joshua

Usyk beats Ruiz

Fury beats Wilder

id be surprised if belts havent been stripped by then for missed mandatories and the like. I think they were happy letting Joshua carry on due to how much money he was making them. There is no way they let others do it.

Iggy

Love Islander
The division is very interesting at the moment. For me, Wilder can beat any of the others. Usyk will run rings around the lot of them but how will the step up affect him? Fury will also run rings around them all and he has the size to deal with others in the division, but he doesn’t carry much power for a HW, so he is vulnerable to an aggressive fighter, like he was against Wilder. Joshua is just a complete unknown at the moment. Has he been overhyped? He’s still beaten some good opponents in Whyte, Klitchsko and Povetkin. I have always held back in going overboard on AJ and I actually thought Klitchsko was going to beat him, and he should have really, but give him credit he came through it. The Ruiz rematch is 50/50 IMO. I don’t think there was anything wrong with him on the night but I do think he underestimated Ruiz big time. He definitely won’t next time. Ruiz is arguably an unbeaten fighter and I was very impressed with him against Joshua.

At the minute I would rank them...
1. Fury
2. Wilder
3. Ruiz
4. AJ
5. Usyk (although I’d have a couple in there before him at the moment, like Whyte)

Eventually though I think it will be...
1. Usyk
2. Fury
3. Wilder
4. AJ
5. Ruiz

I’m going to say AJ beats Ruiz in the rematch although I wouldn’t be surprised either way.

pablo

TEF Member

Ruiz beats Joshua

Usyk beats Ruiz

Fury beats Wilder

Think that's how I see it. The only way Usyk gets beat is with a great jab, maybe Fury.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)