• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Sport Boxing Thread

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
Wilder Breazeale went as predicted. Everyone going on about Wilders power but Breazeale is simply awful. He is so slow he cant avoid anything and he just plods forward. In short he was made for Wilder.

Sure it looks good with the KO highlights but we aren't learning anything about him. He will now fight Ortiz who he has already beaten and i think is about to claim his pension. In short another fight where we wont learn anything we don't already know.

I think we are heading for another Mayweather Pacquaio in the sense of everyone wants them to fight but when they do the moment will have passed and it will be a letdown.

pablo

TEF Member
Wilder Breazeale went as predicted. Everyone going on about Wilders power but Breazeale is simply awful. He is so slow he cant avoid anything and he just plods forward. In short he was made for Wilder.

Sure it looks good with the KO highlights but we aren't learning anything about him. He will now fight Ortiz who he has already beaten and i think is about to claim his pension. In short another fight where we wont learn anything we don't already know.

I think we are heading for another Mayweather Pacquaio in the sense of everyone wants them to fight but when they do the moment will have passed and it will be a letdown.
I've no idea why he won't agree the AJ fight. I think he'd beat him as AJ gets hit. Fury is a clever boxer and always a risk.

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
its a genuine who lands first fight. Wilder is definitely vulnerable as shown by being staggered by breazeale. Molina hurt him as did Ortiz and even Fury had him holding on.

I think Wilder thinks it could all end with Joshua so why not make as much money before taking that fight. Saying that i dont think hearn/joshua really want it either as they too see it as a potential end to the gravy train. its sad but thats modern day boxing.

FWIW i think Wilder beats joshua as AJ rarely moves his head and is there to be hit. the way wilder fights i think he lands before AJ can and thats the fight over.

bluerinse

Love Island Mod
Thought Breazeale might last a few rounds at least.

AJ will continue to duck Wilder and tbf, he's going to have mandatories soon enough anyway

bluerinse

Love Island Mod

It's not subtle is it?

A proper fighter shouldn't be getting tagged by a blatant shot like this in round 1 when he should be fresh as a daisy.

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
He is quite simply a walking punchbag. If anything i think he used Homer Simpson as his inspiration. Watch all his fights and you see him getting hit left right and centre. That may work against the lower ranks but not for titles. Nobody is standing up to Wilders power, the trick is to not let him land. Take his power away and Wilder is an awful boxer.

A fully fit Fury keeps Wilder at bay for 12 rounds and wins on points. Dillian Whyte, like Breazeale, gets hit too much and would be knocked out. The heavywieight division could have some great fights but sadly i dont think we get them for a couple of years at least.

pablo

TEF Member
its a genuine who lands first fight. Wilder is definitely vulnerable as shown by being staggered by breazeale. Molina hurt him as did Ortiz and even Fury had him holding on.

I think Wilder thinks it could all end with Joshua so why not make as much money before taking that fight. Saying that i dont think hearn/joshua really want it either as they too see it as a potential end to the gravy train. its sad but thats modern day boxing.

FWIW i think Wilder beats joshua as AJ rarely moves his head and is there to be hit. the way wilder fights i think he lands before AJ can and thats the fight over.
I agree. AJ doesn't carry one punch power like Wilder and isn't as disciplined behind the jab as Fury so I see him getting sparked which would possibly be an irreversible impact on his carear.

TylerDurden

Super Mod - I am always right
I dont think I've ever seen AJ look good defensively. He gets hit quite easily and you don't get a second chance with Wilder.
You don't have to be good defensively to stay out of Wilder's way tbf. People underestimate how good Joshua.

DwightSchrute

TEF Member
Can't wait to see what Usyk's power/chin is like at heavyweight whens he fighting?

He's got more skill and technique is his finger than AJ/Wilder combined. Putting a line through Haye, Haye struggled in two fights to hurt Bellew whereas Usyk nearly knocked him into another dimension, think if he's just as good at HW then he'll give them both problems as they'll rarely touch him

TylerDurden

Super Mod - I am always right
Can't wait to see what Usyk's power/chin is like at heavyweight whens he fighting?

He's got more skill and technique is his finger than AJ/Wilder combined. Putting a line through Haye, Haye struggled in two fights to hurt Bellew whereas Usyk nearly knocked him into another dimension, think if he's just as good at HW then he'll give them both problems as they'll rarely touch him
He's had to pull out. Injured in training

John

TEF Member
The Joshua Wilder fight is a very hard one to call for me. They both carry a lot of power but Wilder definitely hits harder. Joshua is the more skillful boxer but hes nowhere near as defensively sound as Fury.

Just hope it gets made sooner rather than later and isn't left to go past its sell by date like Mayweather v Pacquiao, Brook v Khan etc.

pablo

TEF Member

I agree. The best boxer by a distance. Trained with Klitschko as well so knows what it's about.

liquidfootball2

TEF Member
After one of the fights of the year last December, the Tyson Wilder controversial draw, everyone was looking for a rematch but money got in the way

Joshua, Tyson and Wilder are now signed up to big money deals with separate media organisations with Tyson signing up for ESPN and Joshua to the digital streaming service DAZN.

What we end up with is a series of so called semifinals where bum of the week is chosen for each fighter who go onto make serious money with little effort or risk, even if there's always a danger of a knockout punch in this division.

Wilder vs Breazeale
Joshua vs Ruiz
Fury vs Schwartz

With the favourite ridiculous odds on and the bum ridiculous odds against, they are all hyped up serious mismatches.

How long will the four main protagonists, Fury, Wilder, Joshua and White go on having these series of non fights while avoiding each other?

True legends are made in serious fights the public wanted to see and which unified divisions. We have three undefeated contenders with little prospect of any fight soon for all the calling out that is more theatrics than real. I really hope this is real for once and Wilder/Joshua actually happens.

Will the public keep paying for pay per view when they know what's coming before the first bell?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)