• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Sport Boxing Thread

Iggy

Love Islander
Correct result and I thought the judges scored it well. Canelo’s head movement is something else. Jacobs did well in the second half of the fight but I still had Canelo winning rounds. A lot of close rounds but I still had Canelo by 5 myself.

pablo_p

TEF Member
How the fuck Canelo stayed awake after that bomb of a left is beyond me.

Never mind just carrying on like nothing had happened.

Also, where he dodged about 10 punches was just incredible.

Will be getting the meme treatment as we speak, I imagine.

bluerinse

Love Island Mod
Just watched it. Decent scrap.

Jacobs put in a good performance and gave as good as he got but Canelo is a step up.

Andrade or GGG next?

Phil H

TEF Member
Not seen it posted anywhere Wilder is a full on muppet for the comments he’s been saying. Clearly trying to raise the profile of the fight no doubt!

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
Wilder is trying anything to raise his profile. He is basically invisible in the USA. he can't sell tickets on his own, he can;t sell PPV on his own so he feels he needs to make himself controversial in order to increase sales. It just makes him look stupid.

He will get another KO win this weekend though as Breazeale is basically a walking punchbag who is slower than a sloth. He will make noises about Joshua and Fury and then go on and fight Ortiz again as is rumoured.

Joshua is about to get bogged down in mandatories against the likes of Pulev.

Fury will fight a bum next and then who knows.

Whyte will be in a great position if he beats rivas but i'm not convinced he will.

Interesting times ahead but i dont think the public are getting the fights they want to see any time soon.

snack-a-jack

Love Islander
Wilder is trying anything to raise his profile. He is basically invisible in the USA. he can't sell tickets on his own, he can;t sell PPV on his own so he feels he needs to make himself controversial in order to increase sales. It just makes him look stupid.

He will get another KO win this weekend though as Breazeale is basically a walking punchbag who is slower than a sloth. He will make noises about Joshua and Fury and then go on and fight Ortiz again as is rumoured.

Joshua is about to get bogged down in mandatories against the likes of Pulev.

Fury will fight a bum next and then who knows.

Whyte will be in a great position if he beats rivas but i'm not convinced he will.

Interesting times ahead but i dont think the public are getting the fights they want to see any time soon.
Agree about Whyte. Could see a Fury Whyte fight materialising if they both win.

I know it’s been noted as a potential final elimator for Wilder actually. Whyte has been had off a bit to be fair, he’s got to be the busiest heavyweight without getting a shot at a belt. Baffling when mugs like Breazeale are getting shots but I suppose that’s boxing nowadays.

jon

Global Moderator
State of this Saunders fight tonight. Saunders is 1/41 to win. It's at Stevenage's ground and there's loads of tickets still available.

bluerinse

Love Island Mod
Just saw the first fight at Stevenage.

A 4 rounder that was over in 90 seconds with the loser not landing a shot.

The World Boxing super series on sky action at 9 should be decent.

jon

Global Moderator
Just saw the first fight at Stevenage.

A 4 rounder that was over in 90 seconds with the loser not landing a shot.

The World Boxing super series on sky action at 9 should be decent.
Who's on WBSS tonight? Is it Inoue? Watching the golf atm.

jon

Global Moderator
Borranchyk (sp) far more aggressive so far, although Taylor has thrown a fw more meaningful shots this round.

jon

Global Moderator
Ooooff, Taylor.
Never expected 2 knock downs in one round for him. Lovely right hook for the 1st.

jon

Global Moderator
Taylor won that, but perhaps not as easy as he's making out.
got away with hitting on the break at least 3 times and also pushing head down etc. The one time wassisname did it, Foster pulled him up. He was the better fighter though and deserved the win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)