• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Sport Boxing Thread

Walker

TEF Member
Ruiz has got quick hands despite being out of shape, but yeah Joshua should demolish him.

I think its been obvious for a couple of years that they want to introduce Joshua to America with a knock over job who's half credible.

I'm more interested to see what they try next. Probably a mandatory gets called and they decide from there. If it's Pulev/Whyte they take it. If it's Usyk they drop a belt.

snack-a-jack

Love Islander
Surely it’s got to be Pulev. He’s been a mandatory since he beat Hughie Fury and that was a good while ago hasn’t he?

Last edited:

liquidfootball2

TEF Member

bluegender_2k

TEF Member
It seems the point of this fight is just to raise AJ profile in the US so It would have been better to pit on a show fight like Mayweather Vs McGregor, I would love to see him take on a ufc heavyweight like Brock Lesner or Mark Hunt, AJ would be able to out box them and it would be a good seller.

pablo

TEF Member
As broken yesterday but now official

'Joshua vs Ruiz Jr confirmed'

Starting the hype to do their best to make the public believe there's a doubt about who wins
That being on box office is criminal.

bluerinse

I won't be paying for it.

It will be interesting to see who he gets next presuming he wins this fight. The public are starting to get onto him for ducking the two standout names.

Even Whyte at Wembley would have been a much more interesting prospect than what he's ended up with.

I'm not saying he's taken easy fights from day 1 but there's too much weight put behind defending the 0 loss records in boxing.

T1878

Love Islander
I won't be paying for it.

It will be interesting to see who he gets next presuming he wins this fight. The public are starting to get onto him for ducking the two standout names.

Even Whyte at Wembley would have been a much more interesting prospect than what he's ended up with.

I'm not saying he's taken easy fights from day 1 but there's too much weight put behind defending the 0 loss records in boxing.
I agree to an extent, but his hands are somewhat tied after the massive whoppers who looks after these fighters signed them to conflicting TV contracts. I don't think AJ himself would dodge anyone, especially after seeing how average Fury made Wilder look.

Goes without saying promoters control this sport, which often deprives punters of the fights they want to see.

bluerinse

I agree to an extent, but his hands are somewhat tied after the massive whoppers who looks after these fighters signed them to conflicting TV contracts. I don't think AJ himself would dodge anyone, especially after seeing how average Fury made Wilder look.

Goes without saying promoters control this sport, which often deprives punters of the fights they want to see.
In hindsight, maybe I shouldn't have directed it at AJ directly. What I meant is more general in respect of him not fighting Wilder/Fury, I have no doubt Hearn et al are to blame.

TylerDurden

Filthy piece of toe-rag

He could've fought Whyte or Parker to make sure his first US fight is a relatively big name, instead he's picked a fat mess. There's no defending that, proper shitbag decision

T1878

Love Islander
He could've fought Whyte or Parker to make sure his first US fight is a relatively big name, instead he's picked a fat mess. There's no defending that, proper shitbag decision
He's beat them both already, the latter with absolute ease.

Iggy

Love Islander
Yep. Sick to death of decent fights being passed over for utter bums and journeymen. Just like with footy, boxing is being strangled by the increasing influence of money minded men and companies
I get the fume over Joshua not fighting an elite level fighter but I think the time for that was when the Miller fight was announced. Ruiz is a tougher fight than Miller. You mention Parker as a possible opponent. Ruiz has fought Parker and lost a very close decision, even getting a draw on one of the scorecards. I think there was actually an argument that he won the fight (from what I have read). Don’t get me wrong, Joshua should easily win this fight. But that Miller fight would have been an absolute farce.

Iggy

Love Islander
What does everybody think about Canelo v Jacobs? I know there will be quite a significant size difference but I cant see anything other than a Canelo win. I think he stops him as well. If Canelo does win, we will most likely see the trilogy of Canelo vs GGG so I hope he does. Jacobs wins, there will be a rematch, and the longer GGG has to wait, the harder it gets for him.

TylerDurden

Filthy piece of toe-rag
I get the fume over Joshua not fighting an elite level fighter but I think the time for that was when the Miller fight was announced. Ruiz is a tougher fight than Miller. You mention Parker as a possible opponent. Ruiz has fought Parker and lost a very close decision, even getting a draw on one of the scorecards. I think there was actually an argument that he won the fight (from what I have read). Don’t get me wrong, Joshua should easily win this fight. But that Miller fight would have been an absolute farce.
Yeah I said the same about him fighting Miller tbf. Someone in work was saying that Ruiz should've beat Parker aswell, said it was a bad homer decision.

pablo

TEF Member
What does everybody think about Canelo v Jacobs? I know there will be quite a significant size difference but I cant see anything other than a Canelo win. I think he stops him as well. If Canelo does win, we will most likely see the trilogy of Canelo vs GGG so I hope he does. Jacobs wins, there will be a rematch, and the longer GGG has to wait, the harder it gets for him.
I've got a blind spot with Canelo because of his drug taking. I just can't take to him and want him to get sparked. There's no way he should be able to move up and overpower super middleweights but he's had help.

Iggy

Love Islander
Yeah I said the same about him fighting Miller tbf. Someone in work was saying that Ruiz should've beat Parker aswell, said it was a bad homer decision.
To be fair I didnt watch the Ruiz/Parker fight, just going off what I read. But there was controversy surrounding it. The fella doesn’t look like a boxer, but then there has been a few of those who can box.
I've got a blind spot with Canelo because of his drug taking. I just can't take to him and want him to get sparked. There's no way he should be able to move up and overpower super middleweights but he's had help.
I agree. No place for cheats. But from a purely selfish point of view, I would like to see him fight GGG again. Golovkin doesn’t even enter conversations about p4p number 1 these days, even though I think he comfortably won the first fight. The second was very close but I still had GGG by a couple. I’d love Golovkin to get a bit of revenge in a rematch.

snack-a-jack

Love Islander
100%. I’ve no doubt plenty are nailing all sorts of gear but he’s a heavy case. It’s very obvious and how the Mexicans get away with this contaminated meat excuse is beyond me.

Although admittedly they do use clenbuterol in their cattle for it’s anabolic effects. You’d just not eat there if you were unsure though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)