• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Sport Boxing Thread

AngusYoung

TEF Member
Bit of a disappointing ending then, would've liked to seen him knocked down again.

Still don't know how they came to the TKO decision.

jimbo

TEF Member
Think Virgil was looking to get him out at the first chance. Calling there brings him out of a proper knock out or looking much more of a quitter.

He seemed more keen to get him out than khan did.

RoyalBlueBoy

Probably a Love Islander
Dont know whether it was Khan or his teams fault but that was a bad way to lose. Why not take the 5 minutes at least? It didnt even look like he got hit in the balls either, looked like his leg but I never took the shot so cant be 100% on that.

snack-a-jack

Love Islander
Miller wasn’t messing about with his concoction of PEDs like was he? May have stood half a chance with all that gear inside him.

TylerDurden

Filthy piece of toe-rag
Absolute shithousery from Khan. I had him winning rounds 2 and 3 aswell. I know Crawford stepped up in the 4th then again in the 5th and the writing could well have been on the cards but to stop like that is unforgivable. Should just retire the fucking coward. Hope Kell Brook bounces him if he comes crawling back asking for a scrap now after ducking him for over a decade

pablo

TEF Member
DuBois not looking great here, him Vs Joe Joyce is gonna be a 4am outside smokey Mo's slugfest
Tbf, he's just trying to slug. I quite like that naivety. Joyce doesn't have the power to threaten any of the heavyweights for me. He gets one shot then will be the next gate keeper.

snack-a-jack

Love Islander
Price V Allen announced. Great matchmaking for Allen recently.

If it's over 10/12 I can't see Price standing up.
Boss matchup this. Allen takes a lot of shots as well. If price can land early he has a good chance. Actually whoever lands first wins this. Can’t see it lasting 2.

Walker

TEF Member
I've never seen Allen rocked from a shot. Proper chin on him. But Price is a huge puncher so this will definitely test that, otherwise I think another Allen bodyshot or overhand right could be on the cards.

snack-a-jack

Love Islander
I've never seen Allen rocked from a shot. Proper chin on him. But Price is a huge puncher so this will definitely test that, otherwise I think another Allen bodyshot or overhand right could be on the cards.
Too right. Allen has a chin of steel. Price early on in a fight hits as hard as anyone though.

liquidfootball2

TEF Member
Joshua's next opponent is now almost certain to be the IBF number 15 ranked heavyweight Andy Ruiz who lost to New Zealand's Joseph Parker in his last world title fight.

(Ruiz has not fought for just over a year,) corrected now to...... Ruiz fought just two weeks ago, when he defeated Germany-based Alexander Dimitrenko....... , Ruiz weighed 262lbs in that contest, 17lbs heavier than Joshua was against Povetkin. At 6ft 2in, Ruiz is four inches shorter than Joshua, who is also returning after nine months out of the ring.

So Ruiz will look portly in comparison to Joshua. He is of Mexican heritage, born in Imperial Valley, California, and was previously promoted by Bob Arum.

"I doubt very much if he will trouble Joshua," Arum said. "They're heavyweights so they always have a chance, but he shouldn't be good enough to beat Joshua." Ruiz is ranked No 15 heavyweight in the world by the IBF sanctioning body.

Arum is possibly giving a favourable view on his chances too, his actual chances must be something very near no chance whatsoever and an easy walkover with little interest looks likely

Last edited:

TylerDurden

Filthy piece of toe-rag
Joshua and Hearn are fucking shithouses. Could've had Parker or Whyte step in but they've chose this fat mess instead. Pure cowardice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)