• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Match Thread Atalanta v Everton (Europa League) Thurs 14/09/2017 18:00 ko

Floody

TEF Member
Where do we go in terms of the starting line up for this after the shambles against Spurs, bearing in mind we have Utd on Sunday?

I would go

Pickford
Holgate Keane Jagielka Baines
Lennon Sigurdsson Gueye Mirallas
Rooney
Calvert -Lewin

(I assume Vlasic is cup tied for this)
Not even sure myself about starting Mirallas because of his recent outburst but at least he is not a central midfielder

I would like to see both Lookman and Niasse on the bench so that we at least have the option of bringing on some pace.

We have officially got 4000 tickets but I expect many more blues to be making the trip. I hope for their sakes someone has told Koeman what Nil Satis Nisi Optimum means

McLovin

Love Islander who is shagging an ex-24 year old
Pickford
Lennon Jagielka Keane Williams Baines
Gueye
Klassen sigurdsson
Sandro Calvert-Lewin

kev1

Mortgage Nonce/Football Dunce
Pickford
Lennon Jagielka Keane Williams Baines
Gueye
Klassen sigurdsson
Sandro Calvert-Lewin

Nooooooooo

We can't play 5 at the back. The team that Floody picked is a nice simple 442 which we have to go back to basics.

I'd have his team apart from Holgate at RB

Pickford
Kenny Keane Holgate Baines
Lennon Gana Sig Mirallas
Rooney DCL

No square pegs - that is a balanced side.

Play it Ron FFS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McLovin

Nooooooooo

We can't play 5 at the back. The team that Floody picked is a nice simple 442 which we have to go back to basics.

I'd have his team apart from Holgate at RB

Pickford
Kenny Keane Holgate Baines
Lennon Gana Sig Mirallas
Rooney DCL

No square pegs - that is a balanced side.

Play it Ron FFS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holgate won't be CB
Kenny won't be right back
Sigurdsson isn't a central midfield. Make it a diamond and I'll let you have that one

4 at the back, 5 at the back. It's all fucking meaningless when we have zero attacking threat and no shots on goal. Our plan seems to be "draw every game 0-0". And if we go a goal down we are fucked.

It's been a long time since I've been this "meh" about going to games. Old Trafford Sunday will be a massacre. But that's for another thread.

0 - 0 is best hope for this one

Kim Jong-un

TEF Member
(I assume Vlasic is cup tied for this)

Nope. He's in the squad and eligible for Sporting Atalanta.

I would like to see both Lookman and Niasse on the bench so that we at least have the option of bringing on some pace.

Niasse, on the other hand, is not in the squad...

Goalkeepers
Jordan Pickford
Maarten Stekelenburg
Joel Robles

Defenders
Leighton Baines
Michael Keane
Ashley Williams
Phil Jagielka
Cuco Martina
Seamus Coleman
Mason Holgate
Callum Connolly
Jonjoe Kenny

Midfielders
Morgan Schneiderlin
Ross Barkley
Kevin Mirallas
Aaron Lennon
James McCarthy
Idrissa Gana Gueye
Gylfi Sigurdsson
Davy Klaassen
Muhamed Besic
Tom Davies
Nikola Vlasic
Ademola Lookman

Forwards
Sandro Ramirez
Wayne Rooney
Dominic Calvert-Lewin

pablo_p

TEF Member
Has to go defensive, so can see:

Pickford
Jagielka - Williams - Keane
Martina - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Baines
Gueye - Schneiderlin
Sigurdsson
DCL - Rooney
I'd go:

Pickford
Martina - Jagielka - Keane - Baines
Gueye - Schneiderlin
Klaassen
Mirallas - - - Rooney - - - Sandro
Think with it being on the continent the likes of Klaassen and Sandro might have more to offer. Especially against an Italian side who'll likely be patient/slow in their build up.

Worried about the middle of the park though. Gueye and Schneiderlin will have a lot of games coming thick and fast and none of them are 'easy'.

McLovin

Pickford - stekelenburg
Holgate - jags - keane - Williams - baines
Besic - Gueye - Schneiderlin - Martina

Hugo's left kidney

Not a corrupt CDPA panelist
Can we just not turn up and take a 3-0 walkover. Then put our best team out against Utd on Sunday and take the 5-0 shellacking that we will inevitably get if Koeman insists on continuing with the same shambolic tactics.

TylerDurden

At own request
Banned
Pickford

Kenny
Keane
Williams
Baines

Lookman
Gueye
Sigurddson
Vlasic

Rooney
Calvert-Lewin

Doesn't matter though we'll get beat whoever plays

Floody

TEF Member
Looking at the goals from the U23 game v Spurs in the Young Players thread - I would pick Kenny on the basis of his pass for the third goal alone.

Dixie

Elite Member
Pickford

Holgate Jagielka Keane Baines

Gueye Besic

Lookman Sigurdsson Vlasic

Calvert-Lewin

Well get beat anyway so I'd throw Kenny on and maybe even Niasse up front. Fuck it.

pablo_p

TEF Member
We'll go 5-5-0 playing the long ball to the invisible man, I could see Atalanta fielding a first for European football by going 4-5-2 by not bothering with a keeper who isn't required, the defenders can take the goal kicks should our long balls sail over their back four.

Fucking LOL.

Can just imagine them turning up going "Goalie when ness" now.

bluerinse

Pickford
Kenny Keane Jagielka Baines
Davies Besic Klaassen
Lookman Sandro Vlasic

I think the EL should be used to bed in the likes of Klaassen, Vlasic and Sandro. You'd think the speed of the game would suit them more than the Premier League.

Schneiderlin needs a game on the bench, his form has been terrible this season. Davies has also been shite this season but Gana needs a rest. I wouldn't even mind seeing Lennon given a chance here.

I'd keep Rooney and Sigurdsson on the bench so they're reasonably fresh for United.

Last edited:

Consayblue22

TEF Member
Pickford

Martina Keane Williams Baines

Davies Besic
Klaassen

Lennon Sandro Vlasic

I would play Williams for the sole reason of keeping Jagielka fresh for Utd as I would prefer him starting in the league. Gueye also needs a rest and Davies, Besic and Lennon need the game time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)