• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Match Thread Aston Villa v Everton. Friday 23rd August, 8pm

MLWEFC

Brexit slag
We're a pretty tough team to predict, never mind a side that has just been promoted.

If we've got our shooting boots on, we win comfortably.

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker - Love Islander
If Digne is ok then it’s same side but Kean for DCL.
Wont be easy and we don’t have a great record there.

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
we need to scoe first. cant let the crowd get into it. both games we have played we have been much better 1st half then faded badly in the second. we need to correct that. I wouldnt be surprised to see delph start if he is fit. Kean i dont think will start as Silvas comments suggest he isnt ready to yet. i wouldnt be surprised to see tosun tho.

kev1

we need to scoe first. cant let the crowd get into it. both games we have played we have been much better 1st half then faded badly in the second. we need to correct that. I wouldnt be surprised to see delph start if he is fit. Kean i dont think will start as Silvas comments suggest he isnt ready to yet. i wouldnt be surprised to see tosun tho.
Kean is ready to start
Delph wasn’t even on bench yesterday so can’t see him being ready.

kev1

Good time to play Villa. They are still trying to bed in too many signings. We'll get chances so will come down to how clinical we are. DCL should be hooked out for Kean. I'd play Iwobi in place of Sigurdsson too.
Siggy can’t complain if he is dropped. Been very poor.

BraintreeBlue

TEF Member
Kean is ready to start
Delph wasn’t even on bench yesterday so can’t see him being ready.
Silva himself said he was debating kean vs tosun as the sub and it was only because watford pushed more men forward leaving space he went for kean.

If Silva doesnt think Kean is ready i would go with Tosun over DCL. i have no idea what kind of preseason Kean had. You would expect him to be behind as serie a hasnt started yet. I can see his first start coming after the international break.

kev1

Silva himself said he was debating kean vs tosun as the sub and it was only because watford pushed more men forward leaving space he went for kean.

If Silva doesnt think Kean is ready i would go with Tosun over DCL. i have no idea what kind of preseason Kean had. You would expect him to be behind as serie a hasnt started yet. I can see his first start coming after the international break.
I really can’t take watching Tosun. Even if he is half fit then play Kean. He can give us 60 minutes and then we can bring on DCL or Tosun if we have to.

toffee_boy_andy

Love Islander
We still look like we’re struggling for goals. Putting Kean in is a good start but we’re gonna need more from Richarlison and Sigurdsson to have a chance.

........................Pickford.........................
Coleman.......Keane.......Mina.......Digne
...............Gbamin.......Gomes................
.....Richarlison..Sigurdsson..Bernard.....
..........................Kean...........................

We usually do alright in televised night games though. 1-2

kev1

Gbamin every day of the week.

I can’t stand Schneiderlin, an absolute nothing player and a liability....I’d still sell him abroad now if we got a good offer.
I thought he was doing well until he got the stupid first booking. I think we may still need him this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)