• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Player Asmir Begovic

scott_efc

Doom-monger, bore and forum crank
This summer is a carbon copy of every summer. 16 year old kid linked yesterday. Now an aging back up keeper. We do it this order every single year. It would be funny if it wasn’t so predictable.

Romeo Sensini

TEF Member
Ideally they wouldn't have to play at all, it's the chance you take, Pickford has (touch wood) turned it around in the last 6 months so is worth is place, no use spending a transfer fee or big wages if we can get someone experienced like Begovic on a free, might allow Virginia to get a, hopefully better, loan elsewhere.

Mug

Partly Scottish
I’d prefer somebody with a bit more pedigree but as has been mentioned it‘s probably a financial decision.

bluerinse

Thinking about it actually, the last time I watched him, in the second leg of Bournemouth's play-off against Brentford he was all over the shop.

I wouldn't expect him to play too much though. It's one of them, just a spot in the squad that needs filling.

scott_efc

Doom-monger, bore and forum crank
Almost as predictable as you moaning.
I have no problem with signing him. We need a back up keeper. It’s just been joked about a load we will sign a kid and a back up keeper as we always do before we do any business and that’s exactly what’s happening. As it always does

Mike

Never wrong
He's a perfectly adequate no.2. Yeh he's got a terrible hairline but he was a top, solid keeper in his prime and he's not exactly old now.

Romeo Sensini

TEF Member
Free transfer, yes. But he's on £70k a week at Bournemouth. So not much in it between him and Romero.
Not to say he'll get that here, will get a payoff from Bournemouth to end his contract early but he can whistle Dixie if he thinks any club will give him more than what he's wor-

Actually yeah we probably would.

thebluenose

TEF Member
If this was 5 years ago. I'd be made up.

But he's been on the decline for a while. I'd rather we tried to get Olsen back

bluerinse

I think most would prefer Olsen, but he's probably good enough to be a number 1 somewhere and you can't blame a guy for wanting to play.

Plus, he'd probably cost about £10m.

_blue_balls

TEF Member
If we spent 10 mil on a back up keeper everyone would be moaning., How many games is he realistically going to start ? All out money needs to go improving our starting team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)