• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Player Andre Gomes

Gym or bin?

• Gym

Votes: 38 59.4%
  • Bin

Votes: 26 40.6%

• Total voters

Buggrit Hall

TEF Member

Mike

Never wrong
I wonder what's going on with him? Met up with the squad later on in America, wasn't involved against the mancs and now nowhere to be seen in the training vids.

Could just be an ongoing injury issue.

pablo

TEF Member
The lads useless but fair play getting an assist. That position up the pitch on the left is the most effective I've seen him. Give the manager credit for his subs again.

graeme

whatever it was
The lads useless but fair play getting an assist. That position up the pitch on the left is the most effective I've seen him. Give the manager credit for his subs again.

He really hasn't lived up to the hype but when he comes off the bench and plays further up the pitch this sentence appears everytime.

T1878

Love Islander

Its weird how often he’s cropped up in that area off the bench to make something happen. Seemed to happen a fair few times last season and it resulted in goals.

I don’t think you can justify having a central midfielder in the squad, on his wages, who you’d want to use exclusively off the bench. But given he’s seemingly not cut out to start games anymore, I hope he’s used purely in an advanced role if we don’t manage to shift him.

pablo

TEF Member
Its weird how often he’s cropped up in that area off the bench to make something happen. Seemed to happen a fair few times last season and it resulted in goals.

I don’t think you can justify having a central midfielder in the squad, on his wages, who you’d want to use exclusively off the bench. But given he’s seemingly not cut out to start games anymore, I hope he’s used purely in an advanced role if we don’t manage to shift him.
I don't rate him in our league anyway but counter attacking football is probably the worst fit for him. But if we can get a few assists out of him then the manager is getting more out of him than previous managers.

Mike

Never wrong
The Echo were saying that Benitez was impressed by him the other month. Tonight wont have done him any harm in that respect but I can't ever see him being the right player for us now.

pablo_p

TEF Member
I thought he might use him like he used Alonso for Liverpool. Can't remember him being that high up the pitch for them though? So it was odd to see him in the opposition box when we're down to 10 men.

Outside of James and Digne, he's probably the best passer of the ball, though. I can see him being used in rotation with Allan and Doucoure depending on the opposition.

Looked good tonight, though.

pablo

TEF Member
I'm not sure that source is credible.
If we are loaning him, it's a massive help to ffp, he's one of our top earners. Just shows what a mess we are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)