• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Rumour Alisher Usmanov - Ready to "Invest" in Everton

Mug

TEF Member
Heard this before from him haven’t we?

Maybe not the stadium sponsorship stuff but definitely the “could invest” stuff, but really most have suspected for a long time he’s already here lurking in the shadows and not just Evertonians.

I mean look at USM Finch Farm and all the Megafon advertising around the ground. Pretty sure I read that he’s a major shareholder of the company that makes Angry Birds and it wouldn’t surprise me if he owns the Italian ham company somewhere along the line either that we’ve signed deals with.

Not really breaking news but it’s all deliberate to get people’s attention I suspect.

BlueBen

TEF Member
Haven't we all known this for a while? I mean I'm glad it's out there as fact now, but we knew he was bankrolling everything anyway

toffee_boy_andy

Love Islander
I’m intrigued to see how they do it. Everyone can see Usmanov is putting money in indirectly, and that may be the way forward as it would allow future commercial tie-ups and naming rights deals. But also a risk that we become the subject of a corruption investigation at some point if it becomes too obvious.

Of course Usmanov could just invest in us and become a shareholder, but that wouldn’t boost our commercial incomings so we wouldn’t suddenly be able to go and spunk a fortune.

The fact that Ancelotti is here (and Usmanov was deffo involved) makes me think they do have a plan which will allow us to spend the money we need to. And there’s enough smart people on the board to be aware of the implications of falling foul of FFP. So am excited to see what happens next.

pablo_p

TEF Member
I’m intrigued to see how they do it. Everyone can see Usmanov is putting money in indirectly, and that may be the way forward as it would allow future commercial tie-ups and naming rights deals. But also a risk that we become the subject of a corruption investigation at some point if it becomes too obvious.

Of course Usmanov could just invest in us and become a shareholder, but that wouldn’t boost our commercial incomings so we wouldn’t suddenly be able to go and spunk a fortune.

The fact that Ancelotti is here (and Usmanov was deffo involved) makes me think they do have a plan which will allow us to spend the money we need to. And there’s enough smart people on the board to be aware of the implications of falling foul of FFP. So am excited to see what happens next.
So far, we've seen investment in the form of:

Moshiri (?????) directly
USM Finch Farm naming rights sponsors
Sportspesa shirt sponsor
Rovio/Angry Birds sleeve sponsor
Megafon Matchday partnerships
Frattelli Beretta matchday partnership

Don't know the total, but even with large spends last year plus player sales we were, as per our books, operating *INSIDE* FFP regulations, apparently (Have that, the esk) - which the only financial restriction which could negatively affect us.

In the future I think we'll see one of several things happen.

Most obvious will be Ground naming rights - Goodison and Bramley Moore. Easy, direct and everyone is doing it fo financial boosts.

USM Finch Farm
USM Goodison Park
USM Bramley Moore

Next and another obvious one is shirt sponsorships. He owns Megafon, has shares in Xiaomi and was the MD for (The Russian State owned) Gazprom. Any of them would benefit from the exposure the PL can offer. (Gazprom would look ace on an Everton kit, IMO).

Finally, and not direct investment, but I think he'll give us discount on steel for the stadium, thereby saving us a few quid.

All sheer and utter conjecture on my behalf, but all quite likely. The only difficulty would be shirt sponsors having to run their course - unless Moshiri/Usmanov do have shares in Rovio and SportPesa. In which case they could sign off early cancellations and/or offer to buy them out.

Hibbert's Carp

TEF Member
All sheer and utter conjecture on my behalf, but all quite likely. The only difficulty would be shirt sponsors having to run their course - unless Moshiri/Usmanov do have shares in Rovio and SportPesa. In which case they could sign off early cancellations and/or offer to buy them out.
I think my mate at Rovio said the sponsorship will end after this season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)