• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Player Ademola Lookman - €25m fee agreed to sell to RB Leipzig (Sky Sports)

Gym or bin?

• Gym

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • Bin

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
Everton favourites to sign star striker beating Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester City

Everton look likely to sign Charlton Athletic striker Ademola Lookman in January beating off competition from a string of other clubs in the process according to the Daily Mail.

The exciting 19 year old has scored 6 goals in 20 appearances this season and is highly regarded in the game and Everton are looking to pounce.

Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester City are also interested in the England under 20 player who has put in a series of top performances this season.

Everton are in the market for a string of new players in January after a mixed start to the season.

Have you seen Lookman in action? Would he be a good signing for Everton?

Comment below or have your say on our dedicated Everton Forum at www.theevertonforum.co.uk/forum

The post Everton favourites to sign star striker beating Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester City appeared first on Everton Forum - The latest Everton News and Everton Forum.

Continue reading...

BlueBen

TEF Member
Head a lot about him, certainly seems like a sound player. But he's awfully small. Little worried he's too lightweight to stay at forward

jon

Global Moderator
Don't know much about him but recall reading somewhere that he might be a bit on the small side.

Gilroy

TEF Member
I dont get why we would pay so much for this lad

Dcl is an u20 international with as much as league experience.
Yep, does seem excessive for a League 1 player.

He might come in with unfair expectations on him with a fee like that.

All the articles Ive read had said he is likely to come straight into the match day squad, so he is likely highly rated.

Who was the last players to step up from League 1 to the Prem? Cant think of one off hand.

michaelgt5

TEF Member
Just looking on a Charlton forum, some of the comments are not great.
Maybe a dip in form?
Not playing 100% knowing he is moving in Jan?
Certainly hope so after reading some of these.....................................

''Lookman does not track back when he loses this ball he sulks''

''Lookman will be the Premier League's biggest flops, so so overrated''

''Lookman can fuck off now as far as I'm concerned. Hasn't looked interested the last few times I have seen him play''

''Lookman - seriously overrated. Bite Everton's hand off pocket the cash and run away quickly!!''

''Gotta say in my opinion Lookman hasn't looked as good as many of our past youngster and seems over hyped. I'm not convinced of his best position.
I feel he is weak tracking back, makes poor decisions with the ball but to his credit is direct and doesn't hesitate to pull the trigger.
Obviously only time will tell if I'm right or losing my judgement, but my gut feel is if we get 10m for him it may turn out to be a great deal if he flops in the Prem''

View: https://youtu.be/ghABVAbLIDA

Looks similar to Sterling on plenty of the clips, low to the ground, quick over 5/10 yards ect.
Not seen anything of him live, but Charlton opinons seem very mixed, some saying very promising playyer and a huge miss if sold, others like above.

boris

TEF Member
I dont get why we would pay so much for this lad

Dcl is an u20 international with as much as league experience.
I love signings like this.

It stinks of Walsh and I have every faith in him.

I love signing young, very highly rated, hungry players who've still got it all to prove and gave achieved nothing yet.

As someone who takes a massive interest in youth football, I've seen/know very little of this lad, mainly due to him being London based and already established in the first team. I did know a bit about DCL & he wasn't that highly rated tbh. He wasn't established in Sheff Utd's team or at international level and not too highly rated by there fans but he does seems to have kicked on since we signed him.

Gilroy

TEF Member
Just looking on a Charlton forum, some of the comments are not great.
Maybe a dip in form?
Not playing 100% knowing he is moving in Jan?
Certainly hope so after reading some of these.....................................

''Lookman does not track back when he loses this ball he sulks''

''Lookman will be the Premier League's biggest flops, so so overrated''

''Lookman can fuck off now as far as I'm concerned. Hasn't looked interested the last few times I have seen him play''

''Lookman - seriously overrated. Bite Everton's hand off pocket the cash and run away quickly!!''

''Gotta say in my opinion Lookman hasn't looked as good as many of our past youngster and seems over hyped. I'm not convinced of his best position.
I feel he is weak tracking back, makes poor decisions with the ball but to his credit is direct and doesn't hesitate to pull the trigger.
Obviously only time will tell if I'm right or losing my judgement, but my gut feel is if we get 10m for him it may turn out to be a great deal if he flops in the Prem''

Looks similar to Sterling on plenty of the clips, low to the ground, quick over 5/10 yards ect.
Not seen anything of him live, but Charlton opinons seem very mixed, some saying very promising playyer and a huge miss if sold, others like above.
Sounds fantastic.

[coleman]

Hopefully just sour grapes.