• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Sport Football 2018/19

It would be like a story I was told once about a mate whose aunt or someone had a jack russell and a cat. They lived together for years and all was ok although they were never the best of friends. One day the woman went shopping and when she came back the place had been wrecked and there was a jack russell in the mddle of the room happily having a go at a chew toy and bits of cat everywhere.

I don't know who the jack russell and the cat is in this tenuous metaphor but it just made me think of this story after about 3 decades.
A magical uplifting story for our times indeed.

Must be a slow news day. More chance of me and Kev managing United next season than Southgate.
I think its Poch their first choice

Poch their second choice

And Poch their third choice

....and if that fails . ..

Southgate will be approached but obvious reservations on both sides and may not happen

Then possibly Zidane although too many reservations about him OR someone else

Then maybe the only one left standing is Solskjaer who they don't really want beyond this season

In conclusion they will pursue Pochettino until its absolutely certain they can't get him but they probably will

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker
Lee Mason making a twat of himself after giving a pen to Huddersfield and then rescinding it after speaking to linesman, it was a clear pen!

Rich

Global Moderator
Lee Mason making a twat of himself after giving a pen to Huddersfield and then rescinding it after speaking to linesman, it was a clear pen!
Thought it was a free kick outside the box meself.

Either way, it was a foul.

I just watched MOTD.

The contrast in the criticism of Vardy tonight compared to Salah the other week is laughable. They wouldn't dare say Salah dived, in fact Phil Neville said it didn't even matter. But tonight they want Vardy banned.

Sick of it.

Rich

Global Moderator
I just watched MOTD.

The contrast in the criticism of Vardy tonight compared to Salah the other week is laughable. They wouldn't dare say Salah dived, in fact Phil Neville said it didn't even matter. But tonight they want Vardy banned.

Sick of it.
LFC are just the flavour of the month, mate.

I lost count of the number of times Vardy ‘bought’ a penalty the year they won the league, but ne’er a bad word was said.

Still sickens me too, but that’s just the way of it this season.

What a transformation since Solskjaer arrived at United, they have swept aside gentle opposition with real panache, verve and no little skill, the players are enjoying themselves again and optimism is soaring. Win today and the feeling will be that United are back and going places.

Perhaps Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will turn out to be the perfect accidental candidate, and if his team beat Pochettino’s Spurs at Wembley on Sunday then that will be taken by some as a further scrap of evidence that it should be the Norwegian. But that is not really how it should work at the biggest clubs. There should be a long-term plan that is a little more durable than reading the runes from a single result, good, bad or indifferent.

City spent years preparing the ground for Guardiola, even appointing Spanish and Catalan executives, it was a long chase one designed to show Guardiola that there would be no better club more ideally suited to him than City. They pursued a plan right down to announcing Pelligrini,'s departure midseason, everything was done to facilitate Guarsiola's arrival, the ground was prepared, the club were made ready.

It was a drawn out and very long pursuit and such an approach is far easier when you're following a long term strategy, a plan to take you to the next level which means never losing sight of the future objective.

As documented numerous times, United since Sir Alex left have stumbled along and made poor choices. They apparently had targets at different times but fell back on the likes of LvG because he had a half decent record and crucially was available at the time Moyes left, Mourinho similarly, he had been a serial winner of trophies and they needed to respond quickly, to secure a big name who could match their city rival's appointment of Pep. There was no long term plan, no strategic thinking.

Ideally United would have operated along similar lines and prepared the ground for their new man, they would have approached him months out and had his assurance that if asked he would have little hesitation in coming. There are however no guarantees in place, no direct approaches made and the possibility that whoever is appointed may forever be known as the Not Pochettino Candidate.

kev1

TEF Mortgage Broker
Just seen the Huddersfield no pen again and that’s a stonewall pen. Lee Mason is a useless fat cunt and Neil Warnock was full on trolling afterwards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)