• Welcome to The Everton Forum!

You appear to be browsing The Everton Forum as a guest user. Did you know that if you sign up with an account, you get access to all kinds of additional priviledges, and are then able to join the discussions? You will also be able to tap into the full suite of tools and information that The Everton Forum has to offer.

Already a member? Login Now!

Rumour Alisher Usmanov

Reckons he wont be joining as he said he wants to keep his shares in Arsenal for future family generations.

Pointless if you ask me when his shares currently stand at 400 million. When you can be a majority shareholder at Everton and have your say at the table and leave investment here for your family in years to com without the likes of Kronke being a stumble block, again why have 30% in something when you can't get a seat at the table and have no influence whatsoever, something has to give at Arsenal, who breaks first, Usmanov going nowhere and Kronke not budging, but then again, he has the upper-hand because he's the majority shareholder but what the fuck do I know about business, I'm just seeing it from a realistic approach.
Pretty sure it's kroenke that wants to leave arsenal for his family, not Usmanov. Although that's just from memory so I could be wrong.

Also I'm pretty sure that kroenke must make a bid for any shares that come up for sale whether he wants to or not.

Davo

TEF Member
Pretty sure it's kroenke that wants to leave arsenal for his family, not Usmanov. Although that's just from memory so I could be wrong.

Also I'm pretty sure that kroenke must make a bid for any shares that come up for sale whether he wants to or not.
Maybe so mate but according to this I'm sure he's on about Usmanov
View: https://twitter.com/theesk/status/765856751765839872

I'm sure he can leave bigger investment elsewhere than a 30% in Arsenal which currently stands at 400 Million and in the current climate has no influence whatsoever.

Davo

TEF Member
1. What does Usmanov have to gain while holding 30% stake at Arsenal? Not forgetting he cant have a seat or say at the club. 30% investment is buttons to him.

2. What Does Kroenke have to gain considering other than he already has,he's the majority shareholder with the final say on what goes on in the club?

Out of the two, there's only one winner I can see here and that Kroenke, he has nothing to lose. Surely Moshiri thought this and thats why he jumped at selling his shares and buying into Everton ?

I don't get the 30% thing for his family. The guy has made a fucking fortune away from football. It's like pence the money he has tied up in Arsenal!

So why leave Arsenal for your family and not a place within a fucking mahoooosive company or simply give them shit loads of money.

All media talk to try and get the Arsenal fans onside imo.

Davo

TEF Member
I don't get the 30% thing for his family. The guy has made a fucking fortune away from football. It's like pence the money he has tied up in Arsenal!

So why leave Arsenal for your family and not a place within a fucking mahoooosive company or simply give them shit loads of money.

All media talk to try and get the Arsenal fans onside imo.
Exactly. Makes no fucking sense whatsoever, however, Esk is trying to dress it up. Now if he actually was the major shareholder I could see where he's coming from ie' building a project for the future not only for himself but his family and be a big name in the sport, using Arsenal to promote other sides of his businesses through sponsors and such, this is not the case though. What he can't do at Arsenal he can do at Everton- it's limitless what him and Moshiri can do here.

While I believe WRD over anyone just thinking who will Usmanov sell to?

It would have to be someone who wanted to buy no influence and possibly no seat on the board for a large sum of money.

Not doubting it and think it could happen but I haven't any idea who would think this an attractive offer.

Then again i suppose if Arsenal become more and more profitable as the premiership gets ever richer such an investment could still be very worthwhile.

It would have to be someone who wanted to buy no influence and possibly no seat on the board for a large sum of money.

Not doubting it and think it could happen but I haven't any idea who would think this an attractive offer.

Then again i suppose if Arsenal become more and more profitable as the premiership gets ever richer such an investment could still be very worthwhile.
Arsenal shares make a lot of money, there will be loads of people happy to take them.

Usmanov is not in it for the money, he wants a status symbol and something he can put money into and enjoy.

Davo

TEF Member

Think Usmanov and Kroenke has become much more than a business thing . Get the impression It's become more of a personal agenda between the pair of them, neither is willing to let the other progress as their seen has some threat towards each other. Who's to say though, if Usmanov sells his shares, lets say just say an investor, somebody willing to sit on them shares and again sell them at a higher price when the time is right? unlike Usmanov, it's clear he doesn't need the money really and his chances of full control over Arsenal look pretty slim. Maybe the person/people that did acquire his shares would have a better chance with Kroenke and things could change with Kroenke bringing them to the table- a place on the board.

What I'm more curious about is what has changed in the last 48hrs? All these points were made months ago when Moshiri first bought into Everton.
Was it just the Arsenal fan blog that's brought this back to the fore, or something more significant?

It was Kroenke who said it, and if Usmanov has said it since then it's only a wind up aimed at Kroenke.

What I'm more curious about is what has changed in the last 48hrs? All these points were made months ago when Moshiri first bought into Everton.
Was it just the Arsenal fan blog that's brought this back to the fore, or something more significant?
Maybe he has found a buyer for his shares....who knows, I think if he comes here it would take us to a new level financially and i'm sure he could wangle a nice sponsorship deal that would allow us to spend more on wages and transfer fee's.

Rich

Global Moderator
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...billionaire-pledges-long-term-investment.html

On the latest development at the Emirates Stadium, Usmanov said: 'I am committed to Arsenal and I will proudly retain my holding as a long-term investment and my family to enjoy and benefit for generations to come.'
Well that's that then.

[coleman]

Edit: I've just checked the date of that article and, curiously, it's the very same day Moshiri was announced as our new major shareholder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)